Your students will have a fantastic fraction time with this fun digital break out game! This Fraction Fusion Digital Escape Game provides a unique and engaging alternative to traditional learning environments while reinforcing adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing fractions. Escape style activities shift ownership of learning from the teacher to the student and require critical thinking, collaboration, creativity, and communication skills.
Your students will actually enjoy finding an LCD- lowest common denominator, multiplying fractions by whole numbers only, and dividing unit fractions by wholes and whole numbers divided by unit fractions only with this game!
A digital escape requires no preparation of materials, no time spent setting up, and no purchase of a Breakout EDU kit. This activity is perfect for distance learning, a hybrid classroom, technology integration, review, sub plans, a fun partner activity, independent practice and so much more!
This digital escape is intended for reinforcing coordinate grid skills. This download contains 2 DIGITAL ESCAPES! ONE WITH ONLY THE FIRST QUADRANT AND ONE WITH ALL FOUR QUADRANTS! PERFECT FOR DIFFERENTIATION! The video preview only shows the one quadrant escape.
⭐ What’s Included:
- Escape website with links to all necessary text and media
- Escape codes and explanations
- Student Sheet to Show Work
- Answer Key
- NEW as of 2021!! Escape version using Google Slides in case your district blocks Google Sites.
An escape or breakout is a scavenger hunt-like game where players use teamwork and critical thinking to solve a series of challenging puzzles in order to open a locked box. Breakouts or escapes can be done digitally using a Google Form. THIS ESCAPE IS DIGITAL ONLY, NO BOXES OR LOCKS NEEDED!
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A PRINTABLE ESCAPE? Here is the same escape but in a printable version- CLICK HERE for to visit the printable escape.
To Use This Resource You Will Need To:
1. Have access to electronic devices (desktops, laptops, Chromebooks, etc.) for students to use or allow students to use their own devices. (there have been reported issues while using iPads with draggable pieces so please keep that in mind while buying)
2. Have access to the internet.
3. Have a Google Drive and Login for the Google Drive
4. Check to make sure that your school/district does not block out of domain sharing of Google Drive resources (Forms, Docs, Slides, etc.)
NUMBER 3 and 4 ARE VERY IMPORTANT! CHECK BEFORE YOU BUY!
School’s Security got you blocked??? Some districts and schools block Google Sites from outside their domain, so I now include a Google Slides version of the escape! I also include the links to the forms and puzzles so that you can create your own site or embed your own links within your school’s domain!!!
The TEKS seen in this escape are:
5.3H 5.3I 5.3L 5.3J 5.3K (Fractions only)
Please pay attention to the TEKS because the fractions are ONLY aligned to the TEKS standards.