It’s time to castaway your coordinate grid worries with this fun digital break out game! This Castaway Digital Escape Game provides a unique and engaging alternative to traditional learning environments while reinforcing coordinate grids with one or four quadrants. Escape style activities shift ownership of learning from the teacher to the student and require critical thinking, collaboration, creativity, and communication skills.
A digital escape requires no preparation of materials, no time spent setting up, and no purchase of a Breakout EDU kit. This activity is perfect for distance learning, a hybrid classroom, technology integration, review, sub plans, a fun partner activity, independent practice and so much more!
This digital escape is intended for reinforcing coordinate grid skills. This download contains 2 DIGITAL ESCAPES! ONE WITH ONLY THE FIRST QUADRANT AND ONE WITH ALL FOUR QUADRANTS! PERFECT FOR DIFFERENTIATION! The video preview only shows the one quadrant escape.
⭐ What’s Included:
- 2 Digital Escape Rooms- 1 with one quadrant and 1 with all four quadrants.
- Escape website with links to all necessary text and media
- Escape codes and explanations
- Student Sheet to Show Work
- Answer Key
- NEW as of 2021!! Escape version using Google Slides in case your district blocks Google Sites.
An escape or breakout is a scavenger hunt-like game where players use teamwork and critical thinking to solve a series of challenging puzzles in order to open a locked box. Breakouts or escapes can be done digitally using a Google Form. THIS ESCAPE IS DIGITAL ONLY, NO BOXES OR LOCKS NEEDED!
To Use This Resource You Will Need To:
1. Have access to electronic devices (desktops, laptops, Chromebooks, etc.) for students to use or allow students to use their own devices. (there have been reported issues while using iPads with draggable pieces so please keep that in mind while buying)
2. Have access to the internet.
3. Have a Google Drive and Login for the Google Drive
4. Check to make sure that your school/district does not block out of domain sharing of Google Drive resources (Forms, Docs, Slides, etc.)
NUMBER 3 and 4 ARE VERY IMPORTANT! CHECK BEFORE YOU BUY!
School’s Security got you blocked??? Some districts and schools block Google Sites from outside their domain, so I now include a Google Slides version of the escape! I also include the links to the forms and puzzles so that you can create your own site or embed your own links within your school’s domain!!!
The TEKS seen in this escape are:
6.11A Features all 4 quadrants
5.8A 5.8B 5.8C Only the first quadrant is used
There are no reviews yet.