Are your students lost in space when it comes to multiplying and dividing rational numbers? This fun digital break out game is just what you need! This Lost in Space Digital Escape Game provides a unique and engaging alternative to traditional learning environments while reinforcing multiplying and dividing rational numbers. This includes decimals to the thousandths, fractions, mixed numbers, and integers.
A digital escape requires no preparation of materials, no time spent setting up, and no purchase of a Breakout EDU kit. This activity is perfect for distance learning, a hybrid classroom, technology integration, review, sub plans, a fun partner activity, independent practice and so much more!
In this Escape Room-like game, students will interact with a website to find clues and decode puzzles to unlock digital locks to ESCAPE and return to Earth. All puzzles involve multiplying and dividing rational numbers. TEKS 6.3E multiply and divide positive rational numbers fluently (decimals and fractions). TEKS 6.3D multiply and divide integers fluently, (one task has integers and absolute value)
⭐ What’s Included:
- Escape website with links to all necessary text and media
- Escape codes and explanations
- Student Sheet to Show Work
- Answer Key
- NEW as of 2021!! Escape version using Google Slides in case your district blocks Google Sites.
An escape or breakout is a scavenger hunt-like game where players use teamwork and critical thinking to solve a series of challenging puzzles in order to open a locked box. Breakouts or escapes can be done digitally using a Google Form. THIS ESCAPE IS DIGITAL ONLY, NO BOXES OR LOCKS NEEDED!
To Use This Resource You Will Need To:
1. Have access to electronic devices (desktops, laptops, Chromebooks, etc.) for students to use or allow students to use their own devices. (there have been reported issues while using iPads with draggable pieces so please keep that in mind while buying)
2. Have access to the internet.
3. Have a Google Drive and Login for the Google Drive
4. Check to make sure that your school/district does not block out of domain sharing of Google Drive resources (Forms, Docs, Slides, etc.)
NUMBER 3 and 4 ARE VERY IMPORTANT! CHECK BEFORE YOU BUY!
School’s Security got you blocked??? Some districts and schools block Google Sites from outside their domain, so I now include a Google Slides version of the escape! I also include the links to the forms and puzzles so that you can create your own site or embed your own links within your school’s domain!!!