This digital escape is intended for reinforcing Multiplying and Dividing Whole Numbers and Decimals
In this Escape Room-like game, students will interact with a website to find clues and decode puzzles to unlock digital locks to BREAKOUT of the Pirate Ship. All puzzles involve multiplying and dividing whole numbers and decimals.
TEKS 5.3B 5.3C 5.3D 5.3E 5.3F 5.3G
* Multiplying 3 digits by 2 digits
* Multiplying Decimals to the Hundredths
* Dividing Decimals by Whole Numbers (2 digits into 4 and 1 digit into 4)
* Multiplying Decimals using Models
* Dividing Decimals using Models
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A PRINTABLE ESCAPE? Here is the same escape but in a printable version- CLICK HERE for to visit the printable escape.
What is a digital escape?
An escape or breakout is a scavenger hunt-like game where players use teamwork and critical thinking to solve a series of challenging puzzles in order to open a locked box. Breakouts or escapes can be done digitally using a Google Form. THIS BREAKOUT IS A DIGITAL ONLY BREAKOUT, NO BOXES OR LOCKS NEEDED!
Why Use Digital Breakouts?
A digital breakout requires no preparation of materials, no time spent setting up, and no purchase of a Breakout EDU kit.
Included in this Escape Download:
*Escape website with links to all necessary text and media
* NEW as of 2021!! Escape version using Google Slides in case your district blocks Google Sites.
*Escape codes and explanations
*Student Sheet to Show Work
To use this resource you will need to:
1. Have access to electronic devices (desktops, laptops, Chromebooks, etc.) for students to use or allow students to use their own devices. (there have been reported issues while using Ipads with draggable pieces so please keep that in mind while buying)
2. Have access to the internet.
3. Have a Google Drive and Login for the Google Drive
4. Check to make sure that your school/district does not block out of domain sharing of Google Drive resources (Forms, Docs, Slides, etc.)
NUMBER 3 and 4 ARE VERY IMPORTANT! CHECK BEFORE YOU BUY!
School’s Security got you blocked??? Some districts and schools block Google Sites from outside their domain, so I now include a Google Slides version of the escape! I also include the links to the forms and puzzles so that you can create your own site or embed your own links within your school’s domain!!!
Please see the preview file for additional information.